What is CrossFit?
CrossFit is specifically defined as CONSTANTLY VARIED, FUNCTIONAL MOVEMENTS WHICH ARE EXECUTED AT A HIGH INTENSITY.
• Be prepared for the unexpected.
• Become better at life, everywhere, at anytime for any duration in any environment.
• Specialize in not specializing.
• Strengthen your weaknesses.
• Natural evolutionary movements, essential to independent living.
• Safe and compound (uses more than one muscle group).
• Encompass core to extremity extension.
• Have the ability to move large loads, long distances quickly and have the ability to produce power.
• Intensity that can be measured.
• Intensity is relative to the individual.
• Everything is scalable.
• By scaling load and intensity, CrossFit allows athletes of varying skill and strength to complete the same program.
• You will not lift weights beyond your level.
• You will not perform movements beyond your skill set.
In CrossFit, you are considered an athlete training not only for a better body but also for a better life.